Friday, November 18, 2011

old shit but still relevant

The unthinkable happened
my ipod died...

forcing me to face my own thoughts
and the thought of this terrifies me
no longer able to escape old heartbreaks
in new break beats
to run and hide from my social life
behind drums and kicks
no more running from the past
things happening in the present
and bound to happen tomorrow
if I'm left to deal with my thoughts
i might not make it to see tomorrow
for the thoughts in my mind
are filled not with laughs
but full of sorrow
thoughts of my isolation and mistakes ive made
keep getting played and played
over and over in my mind
now when i try to sleep depression and regret
usually drowned out by the sounds of my mp3
are not ignored
but stronger than ever and staring right back at me
i try and tune my radio to tune them out
but its too late they got me in a sleeper
and that's all i want to do now is sleep
but at times like this
my only true wish is to escape this cold grasp of my own thoughts
the only way i could think to escape was to not think
just do what comes naturally
and gradually
the pen found its ways into my hand

my mind is like a burning building
and poetry is my (broken) fire escape

No comments:

Post a Comment