Thursday, July 8, 2010

dont ask

do not follow me
for i know not what im headed toward
nor what treacherous obstacles that must be triumphed upon this journey
alas the obstacles are far from what worries me
my concern is concentrated on my final destination
every one know its prosperous to take the road less taken
but where is it that either one of the roads end
i fear to take the more difficult of paths only to find that the sidewalk abruptly ends
go where no one has gone
only to see that there is a reason no one has been prior to me
so i ask you
please do not follow me
for i know not were im going
simply i drift
aimlessly float
pointlessly wander
all while i wonder
what if
what if the destination is in fact worth the journey
and that the destination is not what needs to concern me
no matter where i end up the journey is what makes it real
i also wonder what if these thoughts were real
unable to break from the fears that weigh me down
un-forgivingly hold me like anchors
so i ask that you do not follow me
for i know not where it is im going
and should you ask where it is im going
i do not know
when honestly im to ashamed to tell you that i do know where
that in fact im going nowhere
nowhere
a place im far too familiar with
by far the easiest place to go
sometimes the only place you can go to
but no matter how long your there
always the wrong place for you
being at the wrong place at the wrong time doesn’t make anything right
so please
all i ask is you dont follow me
please dont ask me where im going
i will be forced to tell you
nowhere

No comments:

Post a Comment