Sunday, September 4, 2011

i smile

i smile becausse when no one else is looking my shadow starts dancing
i smile because sometimes my left molar tells jokes to my k-9 s
and when i get tirred my feet really do bark like k-9s
each one of the curls on my head has its own personality
its a an all day 247 house party
some of them dance in wind
some stand straight up and recite poems
some lay way down becuse they caught a whiff of some of that smoke from last night
i smile because the things i write on my shoes are what ive heard them whisper in librarys
i smile because the left one named himself larry
i smile because when i unplug my head phones i can still hear music
i smile becuase now im old enough to do all those things i wasnt allowed to do as a child and i would swear one day i would do
like eat lunchables for breakfast
sit directly in front of the tv
and stay out past when the street lights come on.


i smile because when i look in the mirror my reflection is always crying
and my toes are always wondering if im just sitting wierd or if there finally dieng
i smile because well i dont really know why i smile but im going to keep on smiling because
im tired of the alternitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment